VEGAN, RAW, GLUTEN-FREE
Who said you had to give up cake when switching to a healthier diet? Certainly not us! Here at the Your Superfoods office we love our desserts, especially this one: a fresh blueberry cake with a creme of cashews and a hint of almonds and of course our Forever Beautiful Mix. Baking without eggs? Of course! The chia seeds in our mix are a great way to bind this deliciousness so it won't fall apart once it's on your plate.
We hope you'll enjoy this recipe and wish you a happy and healthy day!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 3-4 tablespoons Forever Beautiful Mix
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start off with crushing the almonds for the crust in your food processor.
- Once you have a fine almond flour, add in the dates until you have a very thick "dough".
- Press everything into a springform pan and place in your freezer.
- Soak cashews are soaked for at least six hours.
- Blend together all the ingredients to a smooth cream. If it's getting too thick, you can always add in more water, although we recommend using as little as possible.
- Pour everything on top of your crust and let it sit in the freezer for at least three hours.
- Take the cake out of the freezer half an hour before serving it.
SUPER TIP: Top your cake with crushed almonds and fresh blueberries to make it even prettier!