Snacking gets a bad rap. It is commonplace in diet culture to support eating less, but we’re here to tell you that you don’t have to fear food.
The truth is, it is all about how you snack.
It’s best to avoid the sugary snacks you find in the grocery store- they are most likely filled with artificial flavors and preservatives (yuck!). Instead, opt for snacks that help fuel your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs!
It’s so easy to make healthy snacks at home. Here’s the proof: This bliss ball recipe calls for only 6 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make.
Coconut Protein Bliss Ball Recipe
1/3 cup Plant Protein Mix
- 2 tbsp Gut Restore Mix
- 1 cup all-natural smooth nut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dry rolled oats (sub for gluten-free oats if needed)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Combine almond butter, maple syrup, oats, and Plant Protein in a medium bowl
- Mix well with clean hands.
- Shape mixture into walnut-size balls.
- Combine shredded coconuts and the Gut Restore mix. Roll the balls in the coconut- Gut Restore mix until they’re all covered.
- Place the balls in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving and enjoy!