November 24th, 2020
LOOKING BACK ON A YEAR OF GIVING (AND OUR COMMITMENT TO A BETTER FUTURE)
As a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the world a healthier place. Thanks to you, we were able to donate 1.6 million life-saving food bars this year! Find out how Your Super has given back in 2020 and learn about their goals to donate even more in 2021!
During this time of year we thought it was the perfect time to reflect and share an update about Your Super's giving-back projects. We're grateful for YOU and the wonderful, supportive Your Super community. With your help we are able to give back every single time you purchase something!
It all started four years ago, when we began working with Action Against Hunger to support malnourished children with life-saving food bars. We believe that everyone deserves to be healthy and happy and this partnership was a great way for us to make a difference and support Action Against Hunger’s global efforts.
This year, we realized the impact we can have as a certified B-Corp is immense and decided to expand our giving back efforts with a wider variety of organizations.
WE ARRANGED OUR GIVING BACK EFFORTS UNDER 5 PILLARS...
Every year 2.6 million children around the world die from severe malnutrition- that is one child every 12 seconds. Life-threatening conditions are currently affecting around 20 million children worldwide. Through Your Super’s partnerships with non-profit organizations like Action Against Hunger and People Concern, we’re focusing on giving back to win the fight against world hunger.
- 1,572,121 million life-saving food bars have been donated to malnourished children, pregnant and lactating women across the world including Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, South Sudan, Ethiopia, and Somalia.
- $100,000 has also been donated to support malnourished children, pregnant and lactating women in Uganda through a mushroom production project. This project will specifically help 1,250 households from refugee resettlements.
- 6,350 meals and over 9,000 Your Super products to support the nutrition of homeless people in LA with our partner People Concern in LA.
As a female founder, women’s empowerment is something that I think about often and this cause is very near and dear to my heart. Through our partnerships with nonprofits such as The Love Land Foundation, we are focused on being part of the change that supports females through education, awareness, and women’s health.
- Donated over 290k Your Super packets to support the health of nurses during covid in the United States and Europe.
- 1,800 female farmers in Ghana earn extra income by harvesting our baobab, supporting 11,000 kids and family members.
- We have been talking a lot about periods since the release of Moon Balance and we realized that many girls drop out of school in developing countries once they get their period...This year, we will continue to team with up an organization handing out tampons and pads as well as provide education.
Worldwide it’s estimated that 30 million kids and women are taken for sexual exploitation. When we heard this fact, we knew we had to do our part to help protect the health and safety of our children in our communities and around the world.
- $50,000 was donated to support an amazing organization called Marici that works on rescuing kids in India out of the fastest-growing crime human trafficking industry.
- Donated over 10,000 Your Super packets to low-income household children during covid throughout the LAUSD school district.
We are passionate about protecting the planet...after all, it is nature that supplies us with the best superfood medicine.
- Many of our ingredients come from Amazonia, therefore we are looking for a partner to replant trees. 200,00 acres of rainforest are burned every day and we already lost 20% of the Amazonia. If you have any tips let us know!
Clean water is essential to public health and we are committed to doing our part to ensure that everyone has access to clean water.
- It's estimated that 29% of the world's population doesn't have access to clean drinking water. That has to change! A part of our 2020 donations will go towards a soon-to-be-announced partner.
In its lifetime, Your Super has donated $728,000 (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019) and 309,000 Your Super products so far and are committed to donating a total of $1,000,000 in 2020!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for using Your Super mixes - they are supporting not just your health but many many other people across the world!
xo Kristel & Michael
Written by Kristel