HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
Looking for a smoothie that you can drink right after your workout? Don't look any further! The Plant Protein Mix contains 60% plant-based protein and all essential amino acids. Power up!
We hope this recipe inspires you to prepare more food at home rather than eating out or buying store-bought versions. It's important to know where our food comes from and this is an easy, inexpensive a healthy step into a good direction.
As always, stay healthy and be happy!
PRE- WORKOUT PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPE
• 1 tbsp Plant Protein Mix
• 1/2 cup almond milk
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth or simple shake them together if on the go.
HOMEMADE ALMOND MILK
• 1 cup raw almonds
• 5 cups filtered water
• 2 pitted dates
• optional: 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Soak almonds overnight.
- Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Strain the liquid using a nut milk bag or a thin dish towel. Discard pulp, or save for adding to baked goods (especially crackers).
- Transfer milk to a jar or covered bottle and refrigerate. It will keep for up to 2-3 days.
- Shake well before drinking.
SUPER TIP: Add some vanilla or cinnamon to your almond mix for extra flavour!