Our Favorite Dairy-Free Broccoli Soup Recipe
This creamy and satisfying broccoli soup tastes just as good as the original — but without the cheese and heavy cream.
Is it possible to make a creamy and delicious broccoli soup without the cheese and cream? Absolutely!
Our vegan broccoli soup gets its creaminess from potatoes. The starch from the potatoes provides a rich texture while the nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor.
To make this soup even healthier, we mixed in our Super Green mix. It’s a great way to add in an extra serving of greens (one serving = one serving of greens!) and important nutrients.
If you have picky eaters, they’ll never know the difference!
SERVES 2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
• 2 tsp Super Green mix
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 potatoes, diced
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 2 cups plant-based milk
• 4 cups broccoli florets
• ¼ cup nutritional yeast
• salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable broth and milk.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and continue to cook until broccoli is tender.
- Transfer half of the soup to a high-speed blender.
- Add the Super Green mix and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and enjoy.
Super Green Mix
Superfood smoothie mix with nutritious greens