Baking With Collagen Powder: Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Healthy blueberry vegan muffins to fill your tastebuds with the flavors of summer.
Nothing screams summer like the taste of tart lemon and ripe blueberries, which is why these two flavorful fruits make the perfect ingredient for vegan muffins.
This vegan muffin recipe is healthy enough to eat for breakfast and delicious enough to satisfy you during snack time. The best part? It’s made with our Plant Collagen Mix, which contains skin-loving superfoods that protect your natural collagen, improve skin elasticity, promote hydration, and prevent signs of aging.
Pro Tip: Make a double batch of these homemade muffins and store some in the freezer for an easy grab-n-go breakfast or an afternoon snack.
LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE
Makes 12 Muffins | VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE
• 2 tbsp Plant Collagen Mix
• 1½ cups oat flour
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup apple sauce (or 1 ripe banana)
• 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 cup plant-based milk
• Zest of 1/2 lemon
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-large mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients the dry and mix until combined.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pan—filling each cup ¾ of the way (Optional: sprinkle some oats and/or coconut sugar on top of the batter.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool completely before eating.
Plant Collagen Mix
Superfoods to support natural collagen production