Start Your Morning With This Breakfast Hash Recipe
Seize the day with this flavorful vegan breakfast hash!
Let’s talk about the most important meal of the day.
There are mornings you wake up and just want something quick – hellllo smoothies! But on the days you want something hearty and worth savoring, that calls for our vegan breakfast hash.
This flavorful dish combines satiating potatoes, nourishing veggies and mushrooms – no eggs needed!
In addition to spinach, this breakfast hash gets an extra serving of greens from our Super Green mix. Just one teaspoon contains 6 powerful superfoods with essential vitamins and minerals.
This recipe would also make a great breakfast burrito filling!
SERVES 2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
• 1 tsp Super Green mix
• 2 potatoes, diced
• 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil, divided
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
• ½ zucchini, diced
• ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
• ½ cup fresh spinach
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• salt and pepper, to taste
• hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp of oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer and bake until potatoes are crispy and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet, then add the onions, bell peppers, zucchini and mushrooms and sauté until soft.
- Add the beans, spinach and spices and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take off the heat, stir in the potatoes and Super Green mix and serve warm.
Tip: Add 1 can of black beans for more plant-based protein.
More Breakfast Recipes: