The Perfect Summer Treat: Creamy Lemon Bars
This healthy vegan lemon bar recipe will be the highlight of your summer. Did we mention these lemon squares are made with skin-loving superfoods to help hydrate your skin? It doesn’t get better than that!
Tangy, sweet, and oh-so-satisfying, lemon bars are a refreshing dessert that are easy to make from scratch. We vegan-ized the recipe to give this old-fashioned dessert a delicious upgrade. Don’t worry, it will have the same vibrant color and crumbly crust you love, but we left out the refined sugars, gluten, and dairy.
There are thousands of vegan lemon bar recipes on the internet, so what makes this dairy-free recipe version the best? It contains superfoods…skin-loving superfoods to be exact. Thanks to our Plant Collagen Mix, you’re getting 6 organic skinfoods (including powerful tremella mushrooms and aloe vera) to protect your natural collagen, hydrate your skin, and improve skin elasticity and texture.
So the next time you’re invited to a potluck, picnic, or are looking for a simple dessert your whole family will love, whip up these guilt-free vegan lemon bars.
VEGAN LEMON BARS RECIPE
Makes 12 Bars | VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE
• 2 tsp Plant Collagen Mix
• 1 cup raw cashews
• 1 cup coconut cream
• 1½ tbsp cornstarch
• ½ cup lemon juice
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• 2 tsp Plant Collagen Mix
• 2 cups gluten-free oats
• 2 tbsp coconut sugar
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 4-5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Soak raw cashews in boiling hot water for 1 hour then drain.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 350℉ and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add oats, coconut sugar, and Plant Collagen to a high-speed blender and mix on high until fine.
- Transfer to a medium-sized mixing bowl and add maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Stir with a spoon to combine until a loose dough is formed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough instead of it crumbling. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to the baking pan and spread flat and evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven on broil for a few minutes more. Remove from oven when the edges are golden brown. Reduce oven heat back to 350℉.
- Once cashews are soaked and drained, add to a high-speed blender with coconut cream, corn starch, lemon juice, lemon zest, and maple syrup, and Plant Collagen. Mix on high until smooth and creamy. Pour filling over the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator to let cool completely (uncovered) for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
Plant Collagen Mix
Superfoods to support natural collagen production